Procurement and Green Digital Infrastructure
The procurement of sustainable digital infrastructure allows organisations to not only contribute to CSR objectives, but also allows for considerate use of resources and materials and comprehensive cost-benefit analysis while creating new opportunities for innovative solutions. The EURECA project and Green IT Amsterdam are pleased to announce their jointly organised event where Digital infrastructure, procurement and sustainability meet.
The day’s programme provides a journey of exploration through topics such as:
- Opportunities for datacenters and serverroom improvements for when expanding, upgrading, retrofitting, consolidating, outsourcing or new build.
- What to incorporate in tenders, which KPI’s and requirements to look for and what standards to use.
- Is there a relation between sustainability and functionality and performance?
- Examples and best practices: what savings potential can adopting power management bring, how do you approach a consolidation effort and which potentials are still to be uncovered in ‘Green Clouds’.
- Opportunities to apply and validate best practices: the GreenServe project, supported by Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, is looking for collaborations with public authorities.
The EU funded EURECA project will launch a new tool based on a framework that supports the procurement of sustainable digital infrastructure (services) by the Public Sector through facilitation of benchmarking, identifying improvement opportunities, showcasing innovative solutions and supplier matchmaking.
It promises to be an exciting and diverse programme with varying topics and perspectives related to the overarching theme of Tendering and green IT Best Practices’.
- People responsible for IT & datacenter related at (semi)public sector organisations
- Procurers and advisors at (semi) public sector organisations
- Suppliers of sustainable digital infrastructure and datacenter services
- Policy makers
|9:45AM - 10:00AM||Welcome & Register|
|10:00AM - 10:15AM||Event Opening
Director, Green IT Amsterdam
|10:15AM - 11:00AM||Keynote: Dutch Government Cloud
Program Director, Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations
|11:30PM - 11:45PM||Keynote: Data Centres evolving into the future
|11:45AM - 12:00AM||EAFIP - European Assistance for Innovation Procurement
Ana Lucia Jaramillo
Corvers Procurement Services B.V.
|12:00PM - 1:00PM||Lunch|
|1:00PM - 2:15PM||EURECA's Tool Launch - Presenting and demonstrating the workings of EURECA's procurement support tool
EURECA Project Team
|2:15PM - 2:30PM||Coffee/tea break|
|2:30PM - 3:15PM||
EURECA Training - Introduction & background: Linking EU and national climate goals, data centres and procurement
|3:15PM - 4:15PM||EURECA Training - “Magnificant 7”: Seven main Standards & Best practices, with special consideration for DCMM and EUCoC
Managing Director, Carbon3IT
|4:15PM - 5:00PM||The impact of Green Software: Greening the Cloud Experiment Results
Postdoc, Software and Services, VU University, Amsterdam
|5:00PM <||Reception drinks & Networking|
The registration for this event is closed.